A Message from Preston GM Regarding COVID-19
At Preston GM, we are committed to doing everything we can to keep our customers, employees and our community safe and healthy.
We will continue to monitor all developments of the recent COVID-19 pandemic as they progress and intend to follow any of the approved guidelines from the Government of Canada that are relevant to our business. This includes reviewing our policies and procedures with regard to cleaning and sanitation, mask usage, educating staff for proper hygiene, ensuring adequate supply of cleaning products and taking measures to limit physical contact with customer vehicles through protective equipment where possible.
We will continue to monitor updates as they progress and encourage all of our staff and customers to follow the recommended precautions from BC’s health officials.
Thank you for your understanding and continued business. Please see our Hours page for current department operating hours.
What steps have we taken?
- Our dealership and collision centre are being thoroughly cleaned on a consistent basis, including sanitizing door handles, hand rails, and work surfaces.
- Our facilities have been fitted with plastic barriers, hand sanitizer, and other measures to ensure distancing and cleanliness.
- All employees are required to wear a mask at all times unless working alone behind a plastic barrier/in an office.
- All desks and counter spaces have plastic barriers installed for everyone’s protection.
- Staff are encouraged to wear gloves and use hand sanitizer regularly while working, particularly those in direct contact with customers, vehicles, or credit/debit machines - we have stationed boxes of gloves to be available throughout the dealership as well as hand sanitizer stations.
- We have established a routine to regularly sanitize common areas throughout the day, above and beyond our nightly cleaning.
- Our Certified Service Department and Collision & Detail Center are utilizing steering wheel covers, seat covers, shift knob covers and have a comprehensive sanitation routine upon check-in and check-out to protect both staff and customers.
- We are sanitizing shuttle vehicles after each trip with a customer, customer vehicles when they are dropped off or being appraised, vehicles after test drives, and other dealership vehicles that may see customer contact.
- We are also utilizing plastic barriers in our shuttle vehicles to provide a barrier between driver and passengers.
- Our staff lunch break is being staggered to maximize social distancing between staff.
What can you do to help us?
Visitors to the dealership are encouraged to keep in mind social distancing and remain at least one to two metres away from others whenever possible. Although we have ramped up our cleaning procedures, we also recommend you avoid touching your face. Considering using hand sanitizer or washing your hands before, after and during your visit.
If you are sick or showing any possible symptoms related to COVD-19, please stay home. We are demanding that our staff do the same.
Wear a mask, if possible.
We remain committed to stay open to serve our community and the vehicles essential to our mobility. We are also committed to ensuring the health and safety of our staff and customers and will take all guidance from BC Health and the Government of Canada as the COVID-19 situation progresses.
What is Preston GM's Mask Policy?
We have now implemented a mandatory mask policy for all employees. Masks will be used by all staff when in customer areas and any time they are not working alone and behind a protective plastic barrier.
What are GM's special programs for customers?
Vehicles are an integral part of our lives and livelihood. In trying times like these, we're faced with many uncertainties. To ease the mind of our GM Family, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, OnStar and GM Financial are here and ready to help our customers in any way we can, whether it's concerning service, parts, connected services or financing needs.
For the latest updates on GM Canada's response to coronavirus/COVID-19, please visit https://www.gm.ca/en/coronavirus.html or any of our customer brand sites:
The safety and well-being of our communities is our first priority. We stand ready to help during this difficult time.
GM Financial customers in need of assistance can contact the GM Financial Customer Experience team by phone at 1-800-465-4591 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org