A Message from Preston GM Regarding COVID-19
At Preston GM, we are committed to doing everything we can to keep our customers, employees and our community safe and healthy. Amidst concerns about COVID-19, we recognize that mobility – our ability to get around our community – is critical to ensuring access to our loved ones and essential hubs like grocery stores, pharmacies and health care centers. We have decided to remain open and be of service as a commitment to ensuring we are doing what we can to help support in this way.
All of us at Preston GM and Preston Collision & Detail Centre remain committed to the safety and wellbeing of our customers and employees. We will continue to monitor all developments of the recent COVID-19 pandemic as they progress and intend to follow any of the approved guidelines from the Government of Canada that are relevant to our business.
This includes reviewing our policies and procedures with regard to cleaning and sanitation, educating staff for proper hygiene, ensuring adequate supply of cleaning products and taking measures to limit physical contact with customer vehicles through protective equipment where possible.
We will continue to monitor updates as they progress and encourage all of our staff and customers to follow the recommended precautions from BC’s health officials.
Please note of March 24, 2020 we will be reducing hours in our Sales Department. They are now available Weekdays/Saturdays from 8:30 AM to 6 PM and closed on Sundays. Starting March 30, our Service department will be changing its hours. They will now be available from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday to Saturday. Thank you for your understanding and continued business.
What Steps Have We Taken?
- Our dealership and collision centre are being thoroughly cleaned on a consistent basis, including sanitizing door handles, hand rails, and work surfaces.
- Staff are encouraged to wear gloves while working, particularly those in direct contact with customers, vehicles, or credit/debit machines - we have stationed boxes of gloves to be available throughout the dealership.
- We have established a routine to regularly sanitize common areas throughout the day, above and beyond our nightly cleaning.
- Service and collision are utilizing steering wheel covers to protect both staff and customers.
- We are sanitizing shuttle vehicles after each trip with a customer, customer vehicles when they are dropped off or being appraised, vehicles after test drives, and other dealership vehicles that may see customer contact.
- Our staff lunch break is being staggered to maximize social distancing between staff.
- As it stands right now, there are no changes to our operating hours but we encourage customers to keep an eye out for any potential changes.
- In the interest of social distancing, our team is more than willing to accommodate customers in unique ways. Be it through video walk-arounds of vehicles, video chat with our sales staff, valet pick-up and drop-off for our service/collision departments, and several other measures - we are here to help you through this unique situation. Please see the links below for more details.
What Can You Do To Help Us?
- Visitors to the dealership are encouraged to keep in mind social distancing and remain at least one to two metres away from others whenever possible. Although we have ramped up our cleaning procedures, we also recommend you avoid touching your face. Considering using hand sanitizer or washing your hands before and after visiting.
- Please feel free to take advantage of the special services we are offering at the links above.
- If you are sick or showing any possible symptoms related to COVD-19, please stay home. We are demanding that our staff do the same.
We remain committed to stay open to serve our community and the vehicles essential to our mobility. We are also committed to ensuring the health and safety of our staff and customers and will take all guidance from BC Health and the Government of Canada as the COVID-19 situation progresses.
What are GM's special programs for customers?
Vehicles are an integral part of our lives and livelihood. In trying times like these, we're faced with many uncertainties. To ease the mind of our GM Family, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, OnStar and GM Financial are here and ready to help our customers in any way we can, whether it's concerning service, parts, connected services or financing needs.
For the latest updates on GM Canada's response to coronavirus/COVID-19, please visit https://www.gm.ca/en/coronavirus.html or any of our customer brand sites:
OnStar and Connected Vehicle Services
- For added peace of mind, we are enabling OnStar Crisis Assist services for all of our connected vehicle owners for a limited time, which includes:
- Access to specially trained OnStar Advisors who are ready to help 24/7 during emergencies and other unexpected situations.
- Special routing assistance, including to hospitals or clinics.
- Connecting to family members, Emergency Medical Dispatch and First Responders.
- To help stay connected, we are offering complimentary 3GB/3 months (whichever comes first) of in-vehicle data for all of our Wi-Fi-equipped vehicle owners. Customers can:
- Connect to their work or classroom remotely while within 15 metres of the vehicle.
- Stay connected with family members or others in need while traveling within the vehicle.
- Be assured that our OnStar Advisors are ready to help with the best and latest information, thanks to our partnerships, trainings and open communications with the Canadian Public Health Services and other public safety professional associations.
The safety and well-being of our communities is our first priority. We stand ready to help during this difficult time.
GM Financial customers in need of assistance can contact the GM Financial Customer Experience team by phone at 1-800-465-4591 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org