A Message from Preston GM Regarding COVID-19
At Preston GM, we are committed to doing everything we can to keep our customers, employees and our community safe and healthy.
We will continue to monitor all developments of the recent COVID-19 pandemic as they progress and intend to follow any of the approved guidelines from the Government of Canada that are relevant to our business. This includes reviewing our policies and procedures with regard to cleaning and sanitation, mask usage, educating staff for proper hygiene, ensuring adequate supply of cleaning products and taking measures to limit physical contact with customer vehicles through protective equipment where possible.
We will continue to monitor updates as they progress and encourage all of our staff and customers to follow the recommended precautions from BC’s health officials.
Thank you for your understanding and continued business. Please see our Hours page for current department operating hours.
What steps have we taken?
- Our dealership and collision centre are being thoroughly cleaned on a consistent basis, including sanitizing door handles, hand rails, and work surfaces. We have an hourly routine for sanitizing common touch points and our facilities are disinfected by professional cleaners nightly.
- Our facilities have been fitted with plastic barriers, hand sanitizer, and other measures to ensure distancing and cleanliness.
- All employees are required to wear a mask at all times unless they are eating in the lunchroom or working alone in a private office. Masks are mandatory in common areas or when interacting with customers. As per the new Provincial Health Order, customers are required to wear masks when indoors unless medically exempt. We will have masks available for those who need them.
- All desks and counter spaces have plastic barriers installed for everyone’s protection.
- Staff are encouraged to wear gloves and use hand sanitizer regularly while working, particularly those in direct contact with customers, vehicles, or credit/debit machines - we have stationed boxes of gloves to be available throughout the dealership as well as hand sanitizer stations.
- Our Certified Service Department and Collision & Detail Center are utilizing steering wheel covers, seat covers, shift knob covers and have a comprehensive sanitation routine upon check-in and check-out to protect both staff and customers.
- We are sanitizing shuttle vehicles after each trip with a customer, customer vehicles when they are dropped off or being appraised, vehicles after test drives, and other dealership vehicles that may see customer contact.
- We are also utilizing plastic barriers in our shuttle vehicles to provide a barrier between driver and passengers.
- Our staff lunch break is being staggered to maximize social distancing between staff.
What can you do to help us?
Visitors to the dealership are encouraged to keep in mind social distancing and remain at least one to two metres away from others whenever possible. Although we have ramped up our cleaning procedures, we also recommend you avoid touching your face. Consider using hand sanitizer or washing your hands before, after and during your visit.
Please wear a mask when visiting our facilities. As per the new Provincial Health Order, masks are now required while indoors unless you are medically exempt. We will have disposable masks available for those who do not have their own masks. Thank you for helping keep other customers and our staff members safe.
If you are sick or showing any possible symptoms related to COVD-19, please stay home. We are demanding that our staff do the same and we have implemented a daily screening routine.
We remain committed to stay open to serve our community and the vehicles essential to our mobility. We are also committed to ensuring the health and safety of our staff and customers and will take all guidance from BC Health and the Government of Canada as the COVID-19 situation progresses.
What is Preston GM's Mask Policy?
All staff and customers are required to wear masks inside our facilities, unless medically exempt. We previously implemented a mandatory mask policy for all employees and now the province of British Columbia is requiring masks at indoor public spaces. Masks will be used by all staff any time they are not working alone in a private office or eating in the breakroom. We will be providing disposable masks for those who do not have a mask of their own. Thank you for your understanding.
How is GM Assisting?
Vehicles are an integral part of our lives and livelihood. In trying times like these, we're faced with many uncertainties. To ease the mind of our GM Family, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, OnStar and GM Financial are here and ready to help our customers in any way we can, whether it's concerning service, parts, connected services or financing needs.
For the latest updates on GM Canada's response to coronavirus/COVID-19, please visit https://www.gm.ca/en/coronavirus.html or any of our customer brand sites:
- Chevrolet: chevrolet.ca/en/chevrolet-cares
- Buick: buick.ca/en/here-to-help
- GMC: gmccanada.ca/en/here-to-help
- Cadillac: cadillaccanada.ca/en/weve-got-your-back
GM Financial customers in need of assistance can contact the GM Financial Customer Experience team by phone at 1-800-465-4591 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org